Mobile Gaming Price Sensitivity
According to the report, mobile gamers tend to spend an average of 57 percent more on handsets. They also tend to be heavier users of their mobile phones for regular calls, using 48 percent more wireless minutes than non-gamers. Mobile Gamers monthly wireless bills are 22 percent higher than the average subscriber.
Not all of the news is positive for the mobile gaming industry. According to the report, there?s a significant mobile gaming price sensitivity issue, which is inhibiting the industry from really taking off. Only about one-third of mobile gamers actually buy the games themselves. The remaining two-thirds are satisfied playing free or pre-loaded games. As with digital music, the dominant purchase model is single downloads, while monthly subscriptions barely show up on consumer?s radars.
Other Common News:
1) Computers Noticing Mobiles Via RFID
2) Universal Travel Group Launches Wireless Application Protocol Ticket Booking System
3) Google?s New Mobile Content Service
4) Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs adopts Javna?s wireless solutions
5) Infonox and PayMate Partner to Launch Mobile Applications