I-Play Cuts Costs
I-Play Formally announced that ,there would be a big Changes in the company,To Start up with there is a cut cost towards Gameindustry.biz
In this strategy, I-Play moves a big part of the development to Bucharest in Romania where I-Play owner Oberon announced two new studio acquisitions yesterday (Kenjitsu Russia and Friends Games Ukraine). Not to long ago, Gameloft had sacked a big part of their Romanian developers (200 according to our sources) which could suggest I-Play's move as a lot of coders in the area need a new job. With the Purchase of the Kenjitsu Studio, which was owned by Nikitova, Nikitova's CEO Olya Nikitova becomes VP of online for Eastern Europe at Oberon Media.
The studios in the UK that should get affected by the move are expected to be mainly the Dunfermline and Macclesfield studios and rumours say that I-Play will remain with only one development team in the UK.
David Gosen explained to GamesIndustry that Oberon allows I-Play to work more effectively with the costs that come with mobile game development. The costs are a real challenge to the industry he explains.
Other Common News:
1) Portugal's Largest Cinema Chain Adopts NeoMedia's Mobile Ticketing for Theatres
2) Blaze fires out Slinky, Crazy Minigolf Zoo and MTV Quiz game for mobile
3) TOTAL MOBILE MAGAZINE AWARDS THREE-IN-A-ROW MAXIMUM SCORES FOR GAMES DEVELOPED BY ROCKPOOL
4) Mizpee Launches Toilet-finder For Your Cell Phone
5) Mirapoint and Nokia Team to Extend Secure Messaging Solutions to the Mobile Workforce