The rumours about Gphone is getting bigger and bigger over the years,as the latest rumour is that Gphone will actually an operating System.
This Operating System would use Linux as their base,which could be an competition for Symbian and other windows based Operating Systems.Its Interesting to use Linux as its not developed any market base still now.
With the OS, Google would increase the reach of their advertising platform as the OS would probably be made available based on advertisements to all mobile phone manufacturers. This would be interesting as not only consumers would get a phone connected well with Google's successful services, but also as manufacturers and operators have another revenue stream.
Other Common News:
1) Rail Runner Chooses Abanco's Mobile Payment Solution to Expand Its Payment Processing Options
2) NAVTEQ to Power ReignCom's First Wi-Fi Enabled Portable Media Device
3) Skype Goes Mobile With iSkoot
4) Ringing In A New Strategy: Oasys Mobile Slashes Workforce, To Allow Carriers To Distribute Content Special To LTW RALEIGH, N.C. ? With quarterly losses rising to more than $5 million, mobile content provider Oasys Mobile is slashing its workforce even as
5) New Research Studies Asian Mobile Workers