The rumours about Gphone is getting bigger and bigger over the years,as the latest rumour is that Gphone will actually an operating System.
This Operating System would use Linux as their base,which could be an competition for Symbian and other windows based Operating Systems.Its Interesting to use Linux as its not developed any market base still now.
With the OS, Google would increase the reach of their advertising platform as the OS would probably be made available based on advertisements to all mobile phone manufacturers. This would be interesting as not only consumers would get a phone connected well with Google's successful services, but also as manufacturers and operators have another revenue stream.
Other Common News:
1) LatAm Mobile Content Services Growth Improves ARPU
2) EA And Amp'd Bring Games to 3G Next-Gen Mobile Handsets
3) As Open-Outcry Markets Die, Former CME Member and 40-year Veteran Trader Reveals: The Future of the Futures Market
4) Google?s Mobile Plans: Bigger Than We Thought?
5) Nokia Next-Gen is All About the Games