Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Al Batha Group Company goes mobile with SAP
2) Oasys Mobile Announces 2007 Mobile Game Lineup
3) Russian Mobile Users Shy Away From Talking & Texting, But Buy Content
4) Mobile banking gets a boost with AT&T service
5) Localisation boosts users of MySpace