Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Mobile Internet usage on the rise in Holland
2) Opera Mobile On More Japanese Phones
3) BT Works With Wipro For mPower Mobile Application Development
4) 'DOG & BONE' TO ENTERTAIN MOBILE DEVICE USERS
5) EA And Amp'd Bring Games to 3G Next-Gen Mobile Handsets