Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) SCO and HP Host Event for Mobile Technologies in Russia
2) ClearSky Mobile Media Enables Consumers to Simply Ask Their Phone for a Favorite Ringtone Using the New ``Talk2Me'' Application
3) Reuters Launches Ad-Supported Mobile Video News Service
4) Realeyes3D Introduces Magic Wanda for Creating Personalized, Animated Photo Messages on Camera Phones
5) Mobile Halo developer sues Microsoft