Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) PayWi - Purchase anything with your Mobile
2) Cypress Software Unveils BizMark Mobile Module for Its Small Business Loan Automation Platform
3) KAMO is a mobile guide service developed by VTT
4) Wicom offers full call centre functions from a mobile
5) LG Reveals European Rollout Plans For Phones Featuring Google Mobile Search