Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Personalised adverts on mobile TV
2) First Classified-Ads Site for Mobile Devices Goes Online
3) Gameloft's Real Football tournament kicks off across Europe
4) EA Mobile To Go Off Deck With Games, Through Desktop To Mobile App
5) Nokia gets local: Mapping, navigation smart2go platform