Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Virtual pet craze moves to mobile
2) DoCoMo to invest in mobile software in China
3) BroadSoft's Mobile App Extends Enterprise Management to Nokia Eseries Phones
4) The World's leading Mobile Content Companies speak up about the Future in Singapore
5) Sprint Unveils Made-for-Mobile Network