Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Fire services trial mobile system for safety audits and equipment tests
2) Mobile Halo developer sues Microsoft
3) 'Speech-to-Text' Dictation Application for Mobile Phones
4) Remotely Control Your Robot Cleaner Using a Cell Phone
5) Yahoo! Ushers in New Era in Mobile Internet Services With Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0