Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) Free Downloadable Application Allows Easy Access to Multiple Accounts from Familiar Providers
2) SK Telecom?s New Content Service Combines Content & Bar Codes To Clinch Sales
3) ARM teams with Intrinsyc to save power on Windows mobile devices
4) WiFiMobile launches mobile VOIP application for Nokia S60 devices
5) TechnoConcepts Files Provisional Patent Application for Key Circuit in Multi-Band Multi-Mode Mobile Devices