Echostar is to acquire Sling Media
Sling Media which has made a bunch of moves in mobile, especially in Europe to offer mobile video placeshifting, is to be acquired by EchoStar in a deal approximately $380million. The deal is subject to the usual closing condition and is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Other Common News:
1) MCMC to set up RM20m fund for 3G content development
2) New Web-Based Tool Allows Radio Station Disc Jockeys/Listeners to Interact Better Using TXTMessaging
3) Oberon Media Acquires Mobile Publisher I-Play
4) NeoMedia?s 12snap Sets Up Mobile Marketing Subsidiary in Turkey
5) Ozura Mobile Brings The Duel Online to Mobile Phones