The FPS Differs from P.C and Mobile in my Game

Forum for discussion on Game porting for mobile phones and j2me supported devices including device information.

The FPS Differs from P.C and Mobile in my Game

Postby silvercoder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:54 am

My game works correctly in P.C with what FPS [frame per second] i have defined. But when coming to mobile its somewhat changing, i mean its reducing drastically when compared to P.C, what may be the problem? Any one help me please? :oops:
silvercoder

Postby smackall02a » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:04 pm

The different processing speeds
smackall02a

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:56 pm

In most games they dont set the fps as constent but the game speed is changed according to the FPS, thats why we dont see any problem in games while we play in different runtime. But when you set the fps to be constent, we will definitly face problems like this.

The best way to do this is to design the game from the bottom onsidering the delta time and not counter ticks.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby silvercoder » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:19 am

In some of the screens, the game runs in mobile and P.C with same FPS, but in some screens the FPS drastically decreases in mobile. Is this problem occuring due to setClip() method usage.
silvercoder

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:23 am

setclip may be a problem, but if the FPS of your game goes down bit more than what you have set, then the slow down problem occurs. for example if you have set 20 FPS, and the game cannot be rendered at that speed, then the game will go even slower coz of the static FPS you have coded. So you should always do it the other way. The fps can change but the game speed should also change accordingly, like in doom, quake etc.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to Mobile Game Porting and Testing