SonyEricssonK800i Installation Problem --- HELP NEEDED

Forum for discussion on Game porting for mobile phones and j2me supported devices including device information.

SonyEricssonK800i Installation Problem --- HELP NEEDED

Postby menis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 am

Dear all,

I am developing a j2me Application for a various list of handsets. The tools that i use
are Sun's Wireless Toolkit 2.5 , java 1.5.0_09, ProGuard, version 4.0 for obfuscation.
My jar's size is approximately at 200kb. I have not Signed digitally my application,
and the secutity setting at my WTK2.5 is Preferences->Security->Security Domain = unidentified_third_party.
(Project Settings MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1)

Till now i have download and install my Midlet in handsets like Nokia6120, NokiaN73, NokiaN91,
NokiaN95,HTC P3450 without having any problems. The Midlet just installs normally and informs me
"that i am about to install a midlet from an untrusted source".

The problem occurs at SonyEricssonK800iv in which the Software manager of the handset asks me if i want to
install the Midlet which comes from an untrusted source. i Say yes and the download of my .jar from the server
begins.The screen shows "0 of 200kb downloaded" and then a message is showed: "no valid application".
The user agent of the handset (as i can see from the logs of my webserver) is
SonyEricssonK800iv/R1KG Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

What might cause the problem?

Thank you!

NiKolaos
menis

Re: SonyEricssonK800i Installation Problem --- HELP NEEDED

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 am

If its sony erricssson try downloading the application using the jar file url and if it downloads, the problem is with jad file entries. This has happened to me once.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby vittori123 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 am

Very problematic hand set for installation.Really needed to help out :?:
vittori123

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:05 am

We have a Sony Ericsson K790i which is an Indian version of K800i and I have never met with such problems in installations for the past 1.5 years of testing different application. Please check if the MIDP version and CLDC version of the application are compatible with the device. Otherwise I dont think expect some problem in installation. But if you can post here the jad file contents I can check with that.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to Mobile Game Porting and Testing