PushRegistry.RegisterAlarm() -problem

Forum for discussion on Game porting for mobile phones and j2me supported devices including device information.

PushRegistry.RegisterAlarm() -problem

Postby prkshsngh » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:01 am

Hi,

I found many threads concerning this problem, but has anyone really solved this out?

The question is:

Is there a undocumented limit for the time a MIDlet to autoinvoke when using pushRegistry.registerAlarm() -method with nokia devices?

For example if I set the MIDlet to be automatically launched four hours from now on, midlet automatically invokes half an hour after the pushRegistry.registerAlarm() -method was executed. After that I push the exact same time to the pushRegister and again after aproxximately half an hour the MIDlet pops up and so on and so on.... I have checked that the time I push to the register is correct.

I have tried this with 6600, 3230, 6630, 6680, N70 and all of those phonemodels I mentioned pushRegistry.registerAlarm worked similarly wrong.

I tried my application also with Sony Ericsson P900 and everything worked fine.

I have also made my own certificate (keytool) and signed my MIDlet (Nokia developer suite) but signing did not solve this problem.

Any ideas? Comments?
null
prkshsngh

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:13 am

Signing the application with your own certificate doesnt solve the problem. Meanwhile please check if this problem is listed in the known bugs listed by the manufacturer. If so they would have given you a solution or else let me know and I'll try out a sample code.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to Mobile Game Porting and Testing