Need help to identify the modules in game server and client

Forum for discussion about developing multiplayer games for mobile platform including Httpconnection and bluetooth connections.

Need help to identify the modules in game server and client

Postby jestan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:48 am

Hi, i am very new to multiplayer game programming(J2ME also) and i need to develop a turn based multiplayer mobile game which use PC as a server. here connection between server and client by bluetooth. Assume that game-environment will be like this " some set of players can connect with the server(PC) to play a maultiplayer game in turn based mode through bluetooth". Now i understand that my game will have following parts.
1. Core-game
2. Multiplayer engine with bluetooth
3. Things other than game (like splash screen, high score lists, menues ect) .....( thanks for codetiger)

Still i could not understand which will be in server side, client side. please help me to identify modules in multiplayer game in mobiles. and split big modules into small modules.
jestan

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 pm

When you are speaking about PC as a server... I can say the "Multiplayer engine with bluetooth" can be splitted furthur into PC-side and phone-side. As we usually make on phone as server and the other as client we have not much exp in pc side. You can download the bluethooth netwroking module free in many sites and pc version I donthave any clue. Bu the pc software should read the bluetooth device and check which devices is sending what and pair 2 devices to one another. This will work like a network router.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to Multiplayer Mobile Games