The Future of Mobile Gaming

Forum for discussion about developing multiplayer games for mobile platform including Httpconnection and bluetooth connections.

The Future of Mobile Gaming

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:29 am

Over the past couple of years, downloadable Java games have become a significant mobile data revenue generator. Informa Media estimates that 118.8 million end-users played mobile games in 2003, creating a global mobile games market of
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

what abt d technologies

Postby rahul7star » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Is This Article is only 4 J2me then , wat abt flash lite
i think flash lite can create a panic to j2me wat do u think.

n wat abt MOBIE TV , flash lite is having FLV n wat abt j2me

do reply
rahul7star
Regular User

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 am

J2ME is not a very flexible platform for developer but anyway it is all because of the market share we depend on. Any new mobile that comes out in the market also has J2ME. And for J2ME to loose its market share is not going to be that easy. So We still have to sit with J2ME happily.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:16 am

Here is the answer for your private message Question:

You can keep Flash lite as your target as every developer is waiting for the next version of flashlite to be out. so that they have a lot more features in it. Its now in a basic stage, I can say. So meanwhile you can keep a track on J2ME as well.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Re: The Future of Mobile Gaming

Postby robbinhood » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 am

According to me that as the time past the mobile gaming will become more complex.I think it will have some of the feature sets that are becoming more popular on handsets. But we also have to recognize with mobile gaming that you do have to develop to the lowest common features. Smartphones are still only about 30 percent . Handsets are increasing now a day so the feature mobile games are more interested with high features.the games mostly suitable for smart phones.
Mistakes are the portals of the discovery.
robbinhood

Return to Multiplayer Mobile Games