Android vs J2ME

Forum for Android mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for Android game development

Android vs J2ME

Postby jestan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:40 am

Hi,
I have two doubts about arrival of Android.I think this is the place to ask the question.What would be the platform of microdevices in near future by concerning J2ME vs Android ? Why world leading HandSet manufacture Nokia did not join in Open Handset Alliance? ( I have to post this message here becasue i could not access the Android game forum).
Thanks

Jestan
jestan

Re: Android vs J2ME

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:54 am

First thing you need to understand is, there is no specific standard that all java based handset manufacturers support. Every manufacturer has a different way of implementation. Meanwhile Nokia came up with their S60 which was a good sucess and 80% of the market support this platform. Meanwhile they are working towards making it better. I dont think Nokia has a good reason to join OHA, as it is in competency with their S60 platform. Even Sony Ericsoon didnt join coz they use s60 and lot of their handsets are in the market with s60 now. Moto joined coz they are not standardized their platform yet. :)
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby jestan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:03 am

codetiger, you are great. I understood many things all about the mobile software industry.

Jestan
jestan

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:54 am

Many thanks for your appraisal. :)
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to Android Games