Want to know more

Forum for discussion on 3D games for mobile platform and doubts related to M3G, Mascot capsule and other rendering engines.

Want to know more

Postby gamer008 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:51 am

Hi
I am newbe to m3g ,i wish to develop a 3d racing game my 3d folks designed an m3g track using 3dmax & jsr 184 plugin,
I load this track in to handled successfully. problem is camera wont follow my track whenever a turning came(i know because i just translate camera in y axis only) how to check collision? what can i do for solve this!any suggestions?
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (15.2 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
gamer008

Re: Want to know more

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 am

In this case you have to use rayintersection class to find if there is any object in the particular direction. Using this you can avoid camera colliding the walls. Or you can use pointed camera and move the target with the vehicle (incase of racing game.) and place the position in the center of the tract.

Note: the second option should work better as rayintersection methods use a lot of CPU and the game becomes considerably slow
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby gamer008 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:12 am

Hi,

thank you for your reply .
what u mean by pointed camera is it an animated camera ? if yes how can we control the game?

Regards
prakash.
gamer008

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 am

I meant target camera for which you can give the target position and camera position, so you don't have to care about the angles of the camera. Or you can build a target camera with an ordinary camera if the M3G API doesn't support target cameras.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to 3D Mobile Game (M3G)