Animations in M3G

Forum for discussion on 3D games for mobile platform and doubts related to M3G, Mascot capsule and other rendering engines.

Animations in M3G

Postby bad_sector » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:23 pm

I've been trying to export 3D max object with some animations, the animation itself is rather complex ( i'm using bones method). There is no problem while exporting it in M3G file, but i can't viewed it in M3G player. It says "error load 3D world from *****.M3G file" :? :x . Can anybody help me?? :( :(

Thanks for your attention..
bad_sector

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:56 am

We had the same problem when developing a 3D game, when you export objects with bones. We then tried to move it to maya and then exported to H3x and then converted back to m3g.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby bad_sector » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 am

I just tried another method without bones, i made 3 long box wich a linked each other so that they resemble parent-child hierarchy in bones, then i end it with HD solver (animation>IK solver>HD solver) to make it easy to control. the animation work, but only 1 box, the other box didn't move/ rotate. I wonder if M3G can't read linked object in 3D max.
bad_sector

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:37 am

yes, m3g doesnt store linked object. You have to do such animation in the program or just keep them as seperate objects and animate. There are a lot of limitations woth m3g.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Re: Animations in M3G

Postby richermartyn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 am

Wow,
It's great to hear this.
I like this information because it is very useful to me. I like it very much. Thank you.
Game is Power
richermartyn

Return to 3D Mobile Game (M3G)