vibration in games

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

vibration in games

Postby shurikp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi all!

I urgently need help in determining whether the following phones support vibration THAT CAN BE USED FROM APPLICATIONS

The are:

(J2ME)
Sony K300i (EFIGS)
Samsung X660 (EFIGS)

(BERW)
LG VX8100
AVOX 8910

I especially emphasize that i need to know if vibrating alert can be used from application code, not about their general ability to vibrate (so can do all of these phones, i guess). Some phones just return false from Diplay.vibrate method and don't actually vibrate.

Please answer only if you know it for sure - if you've used this feature with any of enumerated models by yourself or if you have trusted information on such using

I'd be very grateful for this information!
Thanks,
Shurik.
shurikp

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:52 am

I havent worked with these phones on vibration, anyway I would like to share a small information with you. Not all phones which support java allow application to access vibration and some phones have bugs related to such features. In such cases you need to check with the device's special api given by the manufacturer, or check with the known bugs in the device which is given by the manufacturers itself which will also have the solution.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games