Porting for PDA phones

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

Porting for PDA phones

Postby yujikosan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:07 am

Hi,

I would like to find out, is porting for the key codes on PDA platform the same? is there any API difference between differen PDA phones like Dopod, O2 which is running on windows mobile? And in terms of porting. Would it be the game for Windows Mobile 5 and Windows Mobile 6?

Thanks
Yujikosan
yujikosan

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:23 am

most windows mobile support J2ME and they have special APIs for additional features. If you are speaking about CDC in purticular, you can use different displayable object other than Canvas and midlet. They call it Xlets or otherwise you can use Jframes. This forum is completely bound toward CLDC application and game development and I dont think there are experts on CDC level. Our Developers have just stepped into CDC for JavaTV and other platforms and so we are not able to give in-house support this time.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby yujikosan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am

How about iPhone? any idea what language it is using?
yujikosan

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:42 am

According to Apple, iPhones dont allow third party software installations. But from other sources, people have successfully hacked out the security and found a way to install software to it. They used a native code used in mac machines.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby yujikosan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:51 am

Thank You :D
yujikosan

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:00 am

There are some applications people have developed for iPhone, but the update for firmware of the phone which was released yesterday removed all those installations and furthur locked the phone which were hacked for different purposes. So For a while till a good way is found for such things let us not worry about iPhone application development.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games