game developer

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

game developer

Postby rahul7star » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:27 am

i waana restrict my player in a rectangle need help
rahul7star
Regular User

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:05 pm

what kind of game is it and can you give bit more details that can help us understand the real problem... with a blind idea from what you asked... just dont allow to any action if the player has reached the left end and presses left again... same way if he presses right when he is in the right end do nothing... do the same for all 4 ends...
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

gaming

Postby rahul7star » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:44 am

codetiger wrote:what kind of game is it and can you give bit more details that can help us understand the real problem... with a blind idea from what you asked... just dont allow to any action if the player has reached the left end and presses left again... same way if he presses right when he is in the right end do nothing... do the same for all 4 ends...

I m a flash game developer but i waana switch to j2me cause j2me is d best isnt it
but i m new but i knw dta logic is same for both technology
m making a game in which player shoot continously in upward dirction , in flash its very easy but how to do in j2me plz help, n also m i taking right step to move to j2me or flash is ok
rahul7star
Regular User

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:01 am

in j2me you need to read the keys and increment or decrement the position of the player and then once the player gets to one extreme say left dont decrement the position anymore and when it reaches right end dont inc anymore... This way you can make the player move in the left right direction... with limits... Hope this should help or else plz post the specific place where u have difficuilty..
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games