Memory full

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

Memory full

Postby Namz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:32 am

hi!
Loaded the .jar file as u suggested. the first screen and the options screen are being displayed properly. But wen it's time to create the grid, the cell displays memory full n doesn't proceed ahead. I deleted most of the data from the memory card. It now has 485mb of free space n my phone has around 5.4 mb of free space. But no improvement in the application execution. I think my game needs around 7mb coz it's randomly generating numbers.

Does the application use the phone's memory only to execute even if we store the .jar file n install it on the mem card? Can't we do something such that it uses only the mem card n not fone's mem?

Plz suggest some remedy!!!

Namz.
Namz

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:30 am

Actualy you have misunderstood the phone memory, memory card and the heap memory. The application actually loads the data on to the heap memory which is usually less than 2 or 3 mbs and which is shared by the other applications as well. the heap size is like ram for PCs. =)
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:31 am

Also remember to check the heap size of the phone which you are developing the game for. Coz each phone has different amount of memory...
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games