Programming Job

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

Programming Job

Postby schaaf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:56 pm

Well, I don't know if im at the right Forum here.
I will shortly explain my problem:
My sonyericsson K750i has a defect that is not repairable. Now I can't use the top row of buttons (1 to 3).
But I'm not made of money so I got the idea to have a little application using the "vodafone"-button (that I don't need at all) to switch the function of the second row of buttons. So I could press vodafone-button - 5 to write a 2.
There shold perhaps be a little sign at the display showing if that function is switched on or off.
Is it possible to create such an application and is anyone here able to do that? for I'm not familiar with J2ME at all even not with "normal" java.
If there is any important information missing just tell me.

I hope it's not a big thing for people who are familiar with programming moblie-apps.

Thank you
schaaf

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:57 am

hi, is you are in the right place. We can partially answer this question, and might be we can give some valuable suggestions.

On SE K750 we dont have an option like running an application in the background, with which you can achieve such things. Since there is no such api supported to get key strokes and change it before passing it to the OS, we cannot achieve such things. We will anyhow digg into this problem and get back to you, if we have any +ve results. :)
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby schaaf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 am

So if not possible in Java, does anyone know if it's possible to do such things in the basic programming language, I mean to implement it into the firmware?
schaaf

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 am

Then you must understand the OS completely. And you need to know how do they work etc. Instead, if you can take the phone for service, I suppose.
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Postby schaaf » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Well, I see...
But I've thought about it. I only need the buttons 1-2-3 for dialing numbers or to write a short message and to scroll in recieved ones (The Joystick also doesn't move right and down :x ) . Perhaps also to insert some appointments into the calendar, but its not that important.
So is it possible to have a program with an embeddet function to avoid having to use the not-working buttons with that I can do all these things I described?
schaaf

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:47 pm

I dont have any idea on firmware programming. But in java it is not possible I hope. Also I doubt it might be possible with Symbian OS...
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games