Sudoku Game - HELP!!!

Forum for J2ME mobile games related topics including programming doubts, books and other resources for J2ME game development

Sudoku Game - HELP!!!

Postby Namz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:47 am

hi!
We are developing a sudoku game on a cell phone as a final year project. we coded the generation of the whole sudoku matrix. but it is not executing on the emulator. we are getting "Out Of Memory". We think out code logic is right. We have less than a month left to complete our project. So, Please help :(

We've to even implement JSR178-Game jsr. Please somebody help with the implementation.
Namz

Postby DevelopmentTeam » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:26 am

Hi, generating Sudoku on mobile device is not a simple task, meaning you cannot write that algo for generating random matrixes. Also let me know the idea of the generator so that I can guess if it is possible on mobile. First give me the idea of the solver logic and the testing logic. Which is the main place to optimization.

Without knowing the details in the algorithm we cannot solve this issue. we have a program ready working on all j2me devices and we met with the same problem. once we can see the idea on the solver logic and the testing logic we can give you the solution. :) All the best
DevelopmentTeam
Site Admin

Return to J2ME Games